Yup - Golf is surely one of them. On Friday afternoon Chris took Nick and Drew to the Hartford Golf Tourney - it was free and full of kid friendly events. Not all about just being quiet. These 2 loved it.
Meanwhile Shane got to stay home and have a playdate with his buddy Luciano. It was WONDERFUL to have 2 - 5 year olds hanging out W/O any brothers to brother them or influence how they should play.
Later that night we had the Webbers over for a chill family dinner outside - one of the MANY things we love about summer.
More - yup, this was our first day of swim team - We decided since we were here all summer, lets go for it. Nick was VERY reluctant at first. Almost to the point of tears. After watching the kids warm up, I asked him to join them. He was scared and I said, its o.k. - just do it scared. He did and look who had the best dive. Nick is the 3rd one in - wearing orange shorts.
The other great thing about summer - VBS - Valley Baptist puts on an AMAZING one right when school lets out - I was reluctant to sign us up for a schedule right when we didn't have one - but it really did start our summer right, the music - learning the world is more than about just ourselves. Caring for other's and standing strong. At one point I dropped them off and the music was booming and every child and parent was belting the words - I literally teared up - Camps like this have more than just a summer time message.
One more thing to love about summer time - Sleeping in Cuddle time.
AND special time with our cousins. I love having my sister and the girls come down so many times throughout the summer. Its time for her to celebrate and just relax. Here is dessert in the driveway.
Cocktails? - no, water....
Cocktails - YES!
Swing batter batter.
Play ball!
It was great having the girls sleep over for a night and have the boys go to my folks too. I think they got some great cousin time. My sister and I even escaped to support my friend Anne Cavanaugh as she is a ZUMBA teacher. I realized I am HORRIBLE at Zumba and Anne is AMAZING. So much dance and great music. Thanks for being a good sport and trying it with me stosh!! Loved it.
Happy Summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment