Our little man is 7 months. He is at that stage where every time I turn around I am feeding him - food, milk, you name it.
Random thought
As I look back, our 3 kids pregnancy stories are very different -
nick was 'scheduled' meaning we started trying and boom, here is comes,
Shane was a 'struggle', with 3 miscarriages - we were thrilled to finally pass that mountain.
Drew was a 'surprise' - I will never forget taking that pregnancy test and bringing into Chris when he had no idea I was taking it much less what the results were saying....
So, all 3 kids are also eating something different.
Nick was all American Gerber,
Shane was full German fair
Drew is now getting homemade.
It takes me 3 kids to figure out that making food is actually quite simple.
But I'm also here to tell you - do what works for you as all 3 boys seem to be doing quite well - so its whatever fits with your family=)
So I have steamed and blended carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, beans, plums, pears, combos you name it. The potpourri awaits in the freezer for reheating.
He sitting on his own (temporarily) - and with great assistance -
He is a smiley guy. A bit congested and spending a night in our favorite Chelcy purchase - the nap nanny =)
There are those lashes again and oh do I love them.
If only there was a billboard that flashed how many more times these events would happen in life. Would we treasure them more knowing there were only 10 left, 5, 4, 3..... I remember the first time drew slept through the night. No warning, he just did it. Gosh I wish i would have known...
How many more mornings will I be able to pick Drew up from his crib for his 6:00 feeding? How many more mornings will he want to cuddle with me with this sweet face and a full bellie? Honestly you never know. Just last week I opted to stop nursing the other feedings - but I am holding onto this one for now. It might be another day, another week, who knows. But for now I am treasuring each one for my last little one.
I still love the hug I get each morning as I pick him up.
They do grow up...... too fast....
I also want to give a shout out to my husband who surprised me last night by sneaking in 18 hours early from his business trip. He is lucky that I didn't surprise him with a baseball bat at 12AM. But it was a wonderful surprise. The kids loved it too. I am so lucky to go through life with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment