The weekend continues with a Marine Corps Orchestra at Wolf Trap. A BEAUTIFUL night for a picnic, music, fireworks.
Shane chillaxing
Drew Chilling with mom
Maybe on purpose, maybe by accident, there isn't a photo of the entire leadbetter family together. Maybe that is because we are wearing matching t shirts, Yup, the leadbetter clan was sporting Old Navy circa 2012 Flag shirts (to be worn again over the 4th of July) But we were making the most of them tonight.
So the funny thing about the next 2 photos is they were really 10 minutes apart. We were sitting listening to the band, enjoying the beautiful night. The boys were playing, the cheese, olives and prosecco were fabulous. The night was beautiful. Until folks stared leaving, early.... odd right? Than we felt a rain drop, than we felt a million rain drops, all at once. As if the skies opened without warning. My motherhood was tested as I actually grabbed Shane and Drew before my phone (yes, I am shocked too) we fled to the nearest tent that was members only (and empty) so if you can imagine these 2 moms with 5 kids in tow managed to smooth our way into the tent. (for the time being) The men were tasked with cleaning everything else up.
I love this photo of Drew and Alexa - as dry as we could get at the moment.
We huddled in the tent and waited for the boys to come back. It was POURING and the wind was whipping which made for quite a scene as the young ones worried about their dads.
They joined us in the tent to slew of questions, did you grab the camera, shoes, phone, fransceso, max schnell.... they had the tough job!
We waited a bit until the mansoons subsided and searched for our car in the drizzle. It was fun driving home and chatting about the excitement which was oddly not the cancelled fireworks. We called Chris's folks who had opted not to join us that night - so they were home - dry. My folks and sister's fam where up 'dry' playing Euchre. This is what the car looked like when we pulled into the garage. They were all a bit wet. I was in charge of Drew. I grabbed him quickly and went upstairs to change him wondering how he was going to tackle the other 2. I heard them coming up the stairs and peak out to see the ultimate backpack. Shane was clinging to the front while Nick was thrown on the back. One strong husband!! One funny photo in my mind =)
Memorial day was started in a sticky hot Soldier dedicated 5k,10k run in Brambleton followed by a few errands and ended at the neighborhood pool We had such a fun family weekend. I cant think of anything we didn't tackle. I loved every part of everyone being together!
Thank you for all those who have served our country as well as those serving today.
No comments:
Post a Comment