I was reading through my recent blogs as its a great memory for me. but I realized the one right before this was a questional picinic in the rain titled - whereever you go, I will go too... I guess.
Well now this adventure took us to the Virginia Gold Cup. Something I NEVER thought I would have tickets to, but living in Virginia - when in Rome....
Nice photo Nick
Once again, we did a little 'cherry picking' Shane and Drew stayed home with a babysitter.
One more fashion shot
Now onto the steeple chase - it was so cool to watch - there were several races anywhere 2-4 miles long, through the water, over the bushes, around the bend (gosh, I feel like I am reciting 'bears in the night')
An Elite event in my opinion - but it was fun to dress up and pretend to play the part.
They are neck and neck
Close race aye?
Enjoying that Mint Julip?
Thanks to MC Dean, our tent was rather close to the finish line. Not only did we get to see the end of the race, but we got to see the winners prancing around and receiving their trophy. This was the winner of the first race. The jockey went on to win a couple more. I actually picked him to win - purely based on color.... I love the hunter green.
So, at U of M, we tailgate and watch football - in Virginia, you get dolled up and watch horse racing. So many of the folks I know that went to school in the area - spent some time tailgating the horse race.
A man after his dad's heart. The biggest piece of fried chicken he could find
Sherry oh sherry where are you??
I had to paint my toes for the event - I loved that Nick wanted to get in on the action. Nicole, are you having flashbacks to easter egg toes?
Now this photo is for Chelcy. Can you find the fashion star? He not a celebrity (at least that I know of) but those pants are amazing.
So if anyone wants to join us next year there is a flat fee for tailgating. I am hoping to grab a bigger hat =)!
No comments:
Post a Comment