Well, I opted to turn it into a date night for Shane and I. He is at that fun age that can be easily influenced and not often isolated. When I told Nick of our date night plans (originally he was green with envy - but later informed me that trying on clothes is not his thing and he would plan something better when we go on a date... can't wait Nick)
So I found a new babysitter, got dressed up, dressed Shane in underpants and all - Since shane didn't nap that day, I had my reservations regarding my selection. But 5 minutes into our drive, this happened. Shane, where are your manners?
Being all groggy from the impromptu nap I opted for the stroller. Good choice for Shane, bad choice for shopping
Welcome to NoVA, where getting an invitation means nothing, matter of fact there were TONS of invitations sent out. I was one of many... But still I stand in line, only to get in an ever crowded store unable to navigate, try anything on or purchase.... For another day.
Shane got lots of compliments as he was a cutie, but I am betting they were all saying, I wonder why she is here with I stroller - which my response was going to be, I left the other 2 home!! With a new babysitter!! Where are those forehead signs when you need them.
Shane and I left Athleta and headed across the street to Ben and Jerry's where we enjoyed a very relaxing bit of ice cream. Even the mid eating potty break was simple.
We paused for a little fountain time too
It really was a beautiful evening and made me appreciate my time with just Shane is so limited. He would be such a different kid if he wasn't viaing for my attention, but he won't be Shane - happy to have me all to himself tonight. Of course the entire drive home was filled with questions - how fast does your airplane fly, can I have something to color on. I'm thirsty.... He didn't stop. I found myself drifting back to missing the drive out there in silence (or my choice of radio at least). We arrived home to everyone else in bed and Shane not ready for bed. Honestly he was too cute for me to put him to bed. I let him run on the couch, select multiple books and soaked in every kiss he would offer up.
Here was Shane after a late night nap and some ice cream +)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4us3Y6M-APA
Here was Shane after a late night nap and some ice cream +)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4us3Y6M-APA
No comments:
Post a Comment