This is something my mother-in-law tells me that helps to keep me sane. No matter how crazy it gets, each day, all 3 of these boys gets a little bit older (of course I stay the same) sometimes it really is all at once and right before my eyes.
Thursday night Nick had his Pre-K graduation. As much as I hemmed and hawed about pre-k graduation (and why do we need it, cant we just keep high school graduation special - hey, why not college?!?!) it was really sweet. Nick's class sang, this little light of mine and they were all super cute. The church was PACKED. Shane and I represented for Nick while Barbara stayed home with a sleeping Drew as Chris was traveling. Thank you Barbara!
Now this one is another story, Shane was my hot date for the night and what was he wearing (outside of a hot hawaiian shirt....) UNDERPANTS! He spent the last several days peeing in the potty! Pooping is a bit of another story (and apparently meant for some alone time behind the couch) but we will get there. At least I can almost time the poop. But he has happily used the potty at the gym, costco, restaraunts etc... No fear - something will come out in the potty! I love watching his little bum run around in underpants
Here is Nick's diploma receiving - they sure love to laminate in Pre-K - how bout that temper tantrum below.... Too funny!
All smiles from our scholar
We headed out to a special treat of ice cream and donuts that night. It sure was nice just being Nick, Shane and me. I must say, it was almost easy! They are so grown up now - right before my eyes.
In the time that I haven't gotten around to posting this, I have had 3 days of 100% everyone home with me and boy they are not easy. Thankfully for the past 3 days my buddy Alexa and her boys were here. Just being with them feels better and makes me be a better mom. But Shane needs me for this potty stuff (2 MEGA accidents yesterday) Drew needs me for just about everything under the sun and Nick would love some Mom time too - Somehow we will figure this out right? Somedays I wish I wasn't so darn needed... Than I will be sitting around reading this blog crying about the good old days when they wanted me around.... sniff sniff... Off we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment