Thursday, June 21, 2012

Just like that - its over

Just a little mom blog for me.  Last Friday I popped in the a dermatology appointment hoping to have an odd bump removed on my calf.  That one was fine.  But when she saw my favorite 'Madonna mole' on my left breast she literally tossed me in the chair and removed it right than and there.  It all happened so fast I didn't have a second to think about it, reschedule, nothing.  So home I went with a mole headed to biopsy and I with a band-aid (for the entire summer)  everything would later come back negative which is wonderful - but it just shifted things for me.

I was holding onto one final daily nursing moment with Drew.  Just that early morning one to snuggle in bed for the extra minutes.  Well, Drew is getting bigger and has enjoyed some fabulous snuggle moments that it was time for him to move on too.  He is now my bottle baby and holds onto it perfectly.  He still snuggles in our bed in the morning (while holding his bottle) but he is just a bit bigger.  Again, I wish I had that countdown that told me how many days I would have left as a nursing mom - But I would like to think I appreciated them where I could.

So onto the next stage - I told Chris - these are the final days of my boobs with extra filling.  I must admit, as I left the gym this morning I took a quick glance at them...  smaller already.  It is amazing how our bodies change - there were times during pregnancy that I wished they were smaller.  I will mess with this stupid band-aid all summer (as if my body hasn't contended with enough... Now i will miss that too i guess....  guess I should start saving my money right?

No comments:

Post a Comment