One of the wonderful things about Nick is his ability to get distracted. On our way out the door, he spots the kite in the corner, begging to be used and he says - mom, can't we fly this kite. There are so many times as a mom that I have to say no - that it actually feels good to say yes. Why not, It was a great windy day and the only thing on tap for the afternoon was a simple search for a dentist (routine appointments) So afterwards, we put together a fun kite that my mom brought back in easter.
For some reason, my childhood memories of kite flying have a lot of tangles. We managed to get those too - but Nick did a fabulous job. He shocked me when I was starting to let it up into the wind (unsuccessfully) and he said, don't you have to run with it, just like that book we read (Berentstain bears - big red kite!) so off he ran, and I love the success that he had!
I thankfully had my camera. Check out Drew Cheering him on.
After all the kite flying I got some drew snuggle time. I asked Nick to capture a photo of the big sloppy drew kisses.
He might be a little camera shy - but he gives some fabulous kisses =)
Later that night - Drew started with a Nice simple bath, and he was joined by these hoodlems.... One full bath tub!
No comments:
Post a Comment