My sister was able to pop over for a few nights while we were visiting. Her girls are just beautiful and its a hoot for me to see how my boys figure out how to play with girls. At one point Nick and Shane asked Riley to play soccer. When they kicked the ball to her, she grabbed it and walked away......girls girls girls...
Its always fun to have a full table.
I call this digging for dessert
Maddy would never say no to Chocolate bars!
Drew would like to make sure every bite is in
Hmmm... is this cousin cuddle time
Riley is demonstrating her skills as a big sister
On Tuesday night we ventured out to simsbury farms (the pool that my sister and I life guarded at for 8 years). Alison and her girls joined us for a picnic dinner too. She said she had stumbled upon 3 old guard bathing suits and almost brought them for us to truly relive the glory days..... if only right? My request was that they be the old style bright orange - very different from the 2 piece blue and red they seem to wear today.
It was a night of firsts for these divers. Nick and Shane couldn't wait to hit the diving board. They hopped right in line and hardly studdered on their first leap
Nice jump nick
Off goes Shane too
Here is a short video - Nick hops off and than Shane comes into view - he returns back, not out of fear - but to get a running start.... geesh!!
Doesn't take long for Nick to turn that jump into a dive - a day later we actualy go to Charlie's pool where he turns it into a flip!!
Riley took a bit more coaxing but finally lept off too.
This was one of those monumental steps that I'm not sure I was ready for - Nick - sure, Shane, really? I actually had another mom come up to me to ask how old he was - She has three boys too (12,9,6) They loved watching the young ones jump off the board. Her boys were so sweet that they even let Shane cut in line. I had to tell them later that he needs the time to stand in line as it gives him a chance to catch his breath!
Guess these guys are prepping for next year
Oh Simsbury Farms how I love you!
The night ended with a warm bath that made for some cuddly kids -
Here is round 1
Round 2
And with Kids in bed, here is Round 3!
I've got my hands full with wine, wine, beer, beer and a game of scattergories. A favorite that I remember playing for the first time with Chris's family. I was thrilled to find it oddly shelved at a local kids resale shop. My family skeptically played, but by the end really enjoyed it!
On Wednesday morning a cheetah joined us for breakfast! it was circus dress up day at farm camp - Chris was happy to hear that Nick voted down the clown apparel in exchange for a circus animal

He tied for 1st place with a ballerina/gorilla for his group
Later that day madame Butterfly appeared
And so did spiderman
Before Stacie left we managed to get the crew together for a grandbaby photo
Its almost impossible to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time, but that is the beauty of the photo. I am so thankful for how welcoming my folks are to the chaos that 5 grand babies can bring. They happily surrender their home to race cars, bubbles, toys, bathing suits, shouting, nick crawling in bed hoping for a cartoon or two:) playing etc... I am certain over the next few weeks, my dad will discover golf balls intertwined in a shrub or a race can between the couch cushions and they will fondly remember the chaos in their home and than happily go to bed knowing the only thing that will wake them up is their alarm clock!
We love Camp carlson
If the pool is closed, just swim in the water table
Cheers til 2013!







No comments:
Post a Comment