Sunday, December 18, 2011

Almost Simple

I have 52 hours between the moment I drop Chris at the airport as he flies to Virginia for a work trip (and to search for our next home) and the moment my folks arrive to help out and enjoy our fainl Christmas here in Germany.  My solo hours are planned out, dinners scheduled and appointments made.  Idle time for a mom with 3 boys often equates to crazy. 

Now, canceling on said appointments due to cooperative bliss at home is o.k.  but sitting around while the kids are running the halls in jeopardary for stiches because they need to entertain themselves - not good

Today I had a simple meal of spanish rice with red beans - yum!!  I got it done while really only 2 out of 3 were upset - not bad.  They ate it and loved it.  However, just as Nick was taking the advent box down to open door #18, Shane was so excited he stuffed the final 2 bites of dinner into his mouth and proceeded to throw them back up....  silver lining - its bath night at the leadbetters.

Drew feel asleep while i was at the computer in hopes of completing the needed Ipad update (as we will be without a computer for the next 6 weeks - this is essential) he feel asleep - of course, won't we all??  So I took him upstairs where he wailed for 20 minute bummed to be left along.  Guess the Ipad update is enthralling - well it also consumes more HD space that we have avialable - so it too was unsuccessful....  but drew is sleeping.

my goal for the next 38 hours - just keep them moving!!

Thankfully I don't have the same restrictions as Farrah when my hubby is away.  That glass of wine was MUCH needed and these boys better sleep =)

No comments:

Post a Comment