
On Wednesday we had 3 boys in the Dr's office - ALL HEALTHY - but crazy of course. Nick had his 5 year old well - baby. I was thankful to do it here and I love the comprehensive exam. Nick started in a small room where the nurse asked him to draw people and a house, next asked him to cut out an airplane, auto and house. (this was all in german and he was responding in German) I LOVED sitting back watching this exchange and remembering 3 years ago when he was hardly speaking in English. BTW - Nick LOVES to cut and even used short cuts like speeding through the long patches and coming in at different angles to remove small pieces - all he surely learned in kindi. He also had to walk on a balance beam and do a little eye test with colors. Loved hearing the German words. At the end of the exam the Dr. came in to say he was quite healthy and asked me a few food questions etc. At the end I could see him hesitate and look for the English words for something. Instantly, my heart dropped, nothing is wrong with our kids right?? Well, it turns out the nick is short - really short. And they are starting to get concerned. Of course my mind instantly went to the board strectcher - but I guess its more of hormone stuff. The Dr. said not to do anything now - but definately keep watching it.

He is only 102 cm (40.2 inches) at the appointment. I don't really notice it until he is standing next to his kindi buddies. (here with Niklaus and Maurice before their play) Gosh, he is short. Makes me wonder if he notices it. Yesterday he was talking to me about playing football. He said (without prompting) that Shane will be better than me because he is bigger. Gosh, did he overhear us talking about it? Does he know he is about the shortest in his class. of course as a parent, I don't care if he is short, i just don't want that to be a launching board for picking on etc... So All I can do is make sure he has confiendnce in himself. especially as he ia about to change schools from the comfortable place he knows to the big world in Virginia. my sensitive little man
Next up, sweet Drew who is growing too fast. He got about 6 shots!! He laid there on the doctors table as happy as could be - than - boom, shots in both legs, instant 'pissed off' face. it was cute how both Nick and Shane were there to comfort him (Nick held his hand) but Nick and Shane were really just thankful it wasn't them =)!
Little Nick Photography
No comments:
Post a Comment