Most of you know I HATE moving. Its so hard to get that slap in the face as to how much useless crap you have. No matter what the notice of relocation (6 months, 3 weeks) it is always a struggle to size down and get to the essentials. These passed few weeks I have tried to find the enjoyment of doing without.
They say the answer to less clutter is learning to appreciate what you have. Do I need that extra pair of boots? no because I love the black ones I have had for years.... Do I need the extra bottle of baby shampoo? No, the other one isn't out yet and the commisary isn't in jeopardy of going out of stock (yes, this can be debated)
I am taking enjoyment in clearing the cupboards and sticking with the essentials. it really takes less time during the day when there is less to choose from and its kind of nice (for now) remind me when i am complaining about that one sweater I opted to hang on to.
I have made several trips to the thrift store, posted countless items for sale and with each sale or donation there is that tug - 'but what if I need that - insert 'pair of jeans, shoes, outfit for the kids, extra changing station' the answer is, I don't!! So out it goes...
I am just hoping the 'restocking' portion of the move when you try to force all your pocessions into a MUCH smaller or really different location I don't need to purge there too - but I am guessing that will be inevidable. But until than, each empty cupboard, completed bottle of shampoo or body wash and every can of mushroom soup out the door = accomplishment!
No comments:
Post a Comment