Monday, May 28, 2012

Favorites from memorial day weekend

3 Day weekends are absolutely the best.  Its fun watching the facebook posts of all our traveling pals in Germany - but for this memorial day weekend we are staying close to home and enjoying the 3 days as a low key weekend together.

Saturday started with a BBQ at Burke Lake.  Chris Rick and I hit the trails to start off with a 4.5 mile run (perfect to make us smelly and sticky)  It was fabulous catching up with Rick who after 1 year of being deployed will see his family shortly and move them here.  I love how our paths keep crossing.  Barbara and Wyland staked out the picnic spot and enjoyed a simple day with the boys.  Our buddies the cavallo's joined us too - It seemed like the exact activities folks have been doing for memorial day for years.

Don't get too close...
Shane loves this hat and I love that he loves it!  Thanks Tate

The serious face
Four of the cutest dudes around!
Oh wait, we were missing one




This shirt is priceless in my opinion.  Rick is looking for one in the Adult size =)  Drew was starting to look sleepy so Chris poppped him in the stroller saying - its nap time.  Guess he was right

After all the food was gone it was time to hit the train.  This park was really huge - I remember Alexa asking if it really had a lake because she hadn't seen that part yet.  We spotted the lake while on the train ride.
All aboard!
So imagine - you are sticky and sweaty after a lakeside picnic, whats the next move?  Neighborhood pool!  You bet!  Summer here we come!
So how will this mother of 3 enjoy the pool this summer?  In the water!  Diane, don't you love the suit?  On Drew of course.
Needless to say, the boys slept good that night.







1 comment:

  1. Yes, Sara, I LOVE the suit - on Drew of course. YOURS looks fabulous too!!! Wish I was there to sit in the water and get "raisin" skin with yoU!!
    (Wayne prefers Drew's shirt that says, "I prefer to be naked".) :-)

    ReplyDelete