Our PODS are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday - with keys in our hands on Monday lets start some projects. Chris wanted to paint the basement floor and I wanted to tackle the cabinets.
Ready - set - go!
The cabinets we a older wood with the dark hardware
See, nice and colonial really? Time to make it ours.
our basement will never look this clean again - even as I take the after photo!! This is only 1/2 of the basement - so many plans of what we can and will do!
Monday night the doors and hardware all came off of the cabinets and 1/2 through that somewhat simple process I wanted to stop my project and say - never mind - they look great!!... But lets just keep going... Tuesday Diane offered to come visit and get some Sara time while weilding a paint brush - one of the best friends I know.
Later that night and 2 trips to the paint store later to 'darken the grey'
The home depot example for a glass front in the windows (later)
Our Thursday afternoon coat of primer.
That following Wednesday night (after My mom helped for 2 days painting 32 cabinet fronts - cannot thank you enough mom and hope that is IT for projects now..) Chris and I installed all the hardware and hung the doors!
TaDa!!
Thanks for the hardware ideas Ms Chelcy!! The drawer pulls are reminiscent of the kitchen in both my folks homes - funny how that stuff really does come back.
Tried to get a better photo of the entry way... too much light coming in, as if that is a bad thing. I won't look TOO close at the cabinets as they could use a little touch up - but I can't say I am all that interested in painting at the moment - we will have to save that for sometime in September when a few of these kids go to school.
Oh yes, the basement floor you ask?!?! Well that was DONE on the very Tuesday we started priming the kitchen cabinets. Start to finish for Chris - 2 hours - he sure knows how to pick the move in projects. I love the orange and he is hoping to paint the walls soon too - but somehow that project fell a bit lower on the 'must dos'.
So there is our stamp on the house in the name of projects...
No comments:
Post a Comment