Thursday, October 23, 2014

Brinkerhoff/McDermott/Leadbetter together family wedding (no we didn't all get married, but gosh we all feel like family!

The weekend quickly became hectic as Saturday morning Nick and Chris rushed out to soccer while Drew Shane and I prepped for a wedding and weekend away (you all know Drew and Shane are awesome 'preppers' right)  So with the car packed and Nick finished with soccer we loaded up and headed to the Diane and Sara link up spot.  (initially in the wrong direction - typical...) Diane so seamlessly grabbed our boys and headed back to her house, while Chris and I hit the pedal to the metal and headed the OTHER direction to Easton CT (No, I don't know where that is either, amen to the GPS)
We arrived at the hotel just in time to change and hug our fam as they boarded the first wave of shuttles to the church.  Chris and I got to chill and breathe for a second as we managed to be part of shuttle run number too (plus I had to resupply miller lites - which were a HUGE hit on the shuttle!
Since we FORGOT to take photos last time we were dressed up at my reunion I vowed to NOT let that happen again - so maybe there are too many this time - but that's ok too!
We made it to the church ontime!!  I snapped this photo of these 2 cuties just before the priest told me to set my camera down - leave it to the professionals I guess.
Meanwhile, in a town far far away, Diane in all her amazingness brought 6 kids to a pumpkin fair
meanwhile at an adult party across the way - 
We got all dolled up and feel beautiful and kid free

These 2 cuties made it all the way from Tahoe to celebrate - loved catching up with their lives.
The happy hour and reception were at the house that the bride Jessica was raised in.  BEAUTIFUL.  So wonderful to enjoy an evening with this beautiful couple on such an important place in her life.  Look at the photogenic two
yup, table #4 (the cool kids table) was rather drafty, even for this Tahoe resident. (that is sally's jacket!)
Glasses are clinking - so I guess its time for a smooch
told ya - even these 2 are super cute tonight
see the camera was out all night grabbing favorite photos
Helps to remember the night too
love being included in the Brinkerhoff family adventures.  


We were sitting down together to get caricatures drawn 
results- close right??
Shocked these 3 didn't sit down for a drawing?  At least I got a photo of the handsome line-up.
Cake time for the handsome bride and groom.
Matt is Jill, Pete and Jodie's cousin (Jeannine's twin sister's son - you following??)  He is a photo journalist that has always been 'edgy' in my mind, whether it was riding a motorcyle and solid boots, running into 9/11 to capture amazing photographs, mouthing off to Rachel Ray, he has always pushed the envelope.  Now he found the woman he will spend the rest of his life with.  We are so lucky to be here to celebrate with you.  

A little Sparkler send off - Love this!!

Here we are at the end of the night - a bit chilly and waiting for the shuttle to take us home.
Successful evening!
oh wait, its not over??
we had to get 3 plates of fries for room service and Marc snagged 2 pizzas and a total LIFE saver.  We much say, we were happy that we went to bed, eventually
Sunday morning we slowly got up (stacie, Jason, Chris and I shared a room) and went to a nice brunch.  We had to wait in line which I almost rejected as an egg mcmuffin would have been wonderful from McDs - but I was out voted and thankful looking back.  We got to spend extra time with just Stacie and Jason which we NEVER get to do.  It was truly a wonderful finale to the morning.

But this is what you look like after having 6 kids for 24 hours...
Diane planned a 'haunted' drive in at her house for our arrival.  Too much!!

Here they are
recognize these scary two??
schocked that this guys snagged a nap on the way home - go for it buddy!!
While at the wedding after a few beers I got into the 'don't let this end' feeling and begged everyone to come over Sunday afternoon for brats on the grill.  We arrived home after grabbing the kids 6 minute before everyone else arrived at our house (they were all fully napped!)  Thankfully everyone pitched in by grabbing brats, snacks and a pumpkin pie so we could all jsut enjoy each other.  I love having the kids to see our 'grown-up' house.  We hope to host you guys here MANY times.  Thanks for letting us continue the celebration.  Here is a quick try at a family photo for them.
Maybe??
Stay tuned as I send this out to the Brinks in search of more photos I will try to add it here.  Thanks Matt and Jessica for including us in your beautiful wedding celebration.  We wish you both all the best in this adventure of married life.







No comments:

Post a Comment