Friday, October 17, 2014

Drew Dude

Oh Drew Dude  
Ah this little dude can really drive me batty sometimes.  He is VERY admit, his requests go on repeat - - even when I do acknowledge them! - He cannot handle 'divided' attention - so those little times when I sneak a glance at my phone to text a friend in search of a life line outta here he instantly rebels.  Great.  But it is teaching me something........... 
Yup, turn that off and play with me - or hand it over and I will play the phone.  So true.  I am trying to turn it off more and more - eye contact, conversation - one on one time.  Why can it be so hard and so much easier to fill it with other things....
So here is where we started the day.
A little jump zone and time with friends and no phone.  It really did feel good.

Thank you to my friend Jessica who sent this book to me.  Its a great reminder of the phone can be handy but it doesn't replace true interaction - great reminder for this time of year too.

Yes, Drew Dude - you sure are tough - but one of the things I am thankful for are those eyes when they smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment