Friday, October 3, 2014

Convention

In May I made the decision to Partner with Rodan and Fields and learn everything I can about Skin Care, Social Commerce, Direct Sales most importunately - leveraging time and money.  So often I listen to the training calls that talk about how we dig our heal into 70 hour work weeks, leaving scraps of time for family and friends - learning that life doesn't have to be that way and you need to find the vehicle to remove yourself.  
When the Doctors created Rodan and Fields and opted to remove it from Department store shelves they truly gifted their brand, talent and products to folks that have the drive, desire and ingenuity to reallocate time and money and success.  
I love finding my way with this company.  Going to convention was one way of finding my 'legs'
The convention was held in the GWCC in Atlanta Georgia - Shannon was the ONLY person I knew when I flew out there.  I am so grateful she let me share and room and introduced me to some wonderful folks.  From there it all just started falling into place.  8,000 other consultants new, old, men, woman where there.  Everyone making Rodan and Fields part of the life and benefiting countless ways from it.  Here is a lunch stop in the CNN building.  In all our learning about social commerce I thought this photo was appropriate.
Apparently this guy had a bit too much.
Here is our class.  They asked us all to take a selfie and post it on social media.  Gosh its been a while since I have been in 'class'.  FOlks take notes by taking a photo of the screen.  Folks are ON their screens a high percentage of the time.  Its totally acceptable (in some cases)  but you still cannot replace the personal touch.
Just a few miles away Chris tackles the boys and prepares for the Army football game.  Love this crew.  And love the great dad taking care of them this weekend.
Now for the big reveal 
Lets not take this lightly
Dr.s Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields came out to personal describe what they have been working on, how and why it will change skin care and how awesome that they are trusting us to share and market it.  They are BEAUTIFUL (as you would expect) and 57, 58! 
Here is the new baby - fill a wrinkle while you sleep, no needles required 
The fun surrounding this release was awesome - see, he was literally dancing and rapping the technology (geesh, I need to go back to school - this stuff is kinda fun) 
Here's where my Chem E brain fell in love - the ingredients of the new products
Makes me want to go back to organic chemistry right now.
A little lab work possibly
The Doctors are truly changing the face of skin care
I woudl bet my class room would look like this
Here is my convention BONUS.  By posting on FB that I was headed to Atlanta - Ashley Hosey my wonderful friend from Germany who was headed to the Air Force vs. Georgia State game, figured out a way to link up.  She met me at my hotel bar the night after the big product release.  It was absoltely wonderful to pick up where we left off and share life togehter.
This was my favorite class.  Sally Hogshead came to speak to us on how the world views YOU and how you can be more effective knowing that.
  http://www.howtofascinate.com/
She had a personality quiz before hand and further went into describing how knowing your strengths and working within them is more full filling that trying to strengthen your shortcomings...  Here are my 'notes'  Trust was my big one.
The grid - bummer when the note taking machine isn't wildly clear - but her message was.  I teared up at the endof her speech where her Husband came out - gosh love her.
http://howtheworldseesyou.com/
MOre time with Ashley and now her little guy Peter too - at the tailgate as I scooted away for lunch.
What a tremendous link up - now GO AIR FORCE (Chris you didn't hear me say that right??)
Funny after talking to one of Ashley's friends about Rodan and Fields she mentioned her friend was at the convention too - uhmmmm  yah - rather successful friend.
Saturday night was the red carpet galla and a great reason to dress up.
This was the crew I got to pal around with and feel like I truly belonged 
This famous lady made her way up on Stage as achieving Milestone 5 - her last few months she grew her personal business so much!  I have been so fortunate to not only watch, but now be apart of what she is learning, doing and achieving.  I have thanked her many times for never giving up on me.  Now I am excited to see her success!
one of the gerat many things they talked about that night was the location of next years convention - can I possibly be more excited.  Maybe is the beer line was shorter!  Ha  - But here was come Austin Texas.  See you next year!
In the meantime - its time to bring it home.  After all the excitement it was like I needed to 'defrag' my brain and go for a run.  Here is my memorable running photo.  On the plane ride home I overheard another woman talking about Rodan and Fields and convention.  It gave me the confidence to introduce myself and now her and I are teaming up here in Canton.  Its amazing the paths your life can take.
Yup, this is my first booth.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment