Amen to that. I hope its true that either the age of 2 is tough, or 3 - because if that is the case - 3 is gonna be awesome! I will have to admit - as I write this over a week later, I will take Drew at 3 over Drew at 2 ANYDAY. Drew is Bold, he is strong, he is opinionated and he wants to make folks laugh. He wants to make his brother's laugh and he wants YOU to be part of his life. He WILL not settle for second fiddle and you better put your phone down and pay attention. There are many days I wonder what god is teaching me through Drew and many days that I KNOW what god is teaching me though Drew and wish he would give me a break once in a while.
Drew - you literally ROCKED our world since the moment your dad and I found out we were pregnant. I took that pregnancy test on a whim right before a girls weekend in Garmish - the darn thing showed up +? What!?!? Life is more beautiful, stronger, and blolder than ever. Love you kiddo.
Since his birthday is on Tuesday we got to go to school together - It was super cute to see him in action. The teachers reported he was chattier with momma to show around. Here we are handing out his birthday snack for his buddies.
count out those pommegranties
We thought wearing matching spider shirts was a pretty rad idea.
Loved imagining what his heart feels like as everyone is singing to him.
That afternoon my mom snagged him for a few hours and a birthday lunch at McDs!!! Yeah Om!
Now for the family celebration - a beautiful fall afternoon.
How old are you?!?!
Wow - look at all that loot, where do you start?!
Drew needed minimal help diving into his gifts - but they were offering LOTS of help
He isn't quite sure what to think of the monkey
Pretty sure he knows exactly what to do with that!
again, the top earned for the birthday gift thoughtfulness - Nick - Since Drew always asks if he can get on the bus with the boys in the morning, nick decided to get him a toy bus! And a space helmet (I joke as its often we would like to send Drew to space - but really since he like Curious George and a book about space - but who knows. looking back at this picture in 20 years maybe Nick was onto something....)
there goes the remote control monster truck!
Its a family night of hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill!
what better than to be surround by the folks that would love you the most! Thanks Mom and Dad for making him feel super special
with the gifts opened and played with, the cupcakes were the perfect finale=)
Happy Birthday little guy!
As a note post birthday - life as a 3 year old is getting better. That night he literally said Thank you - with NO prompting at all! The look on his face all day said that he really felt loved. That is truly all we can ask for. Bedtime is making strides inthe right place and there is hope we will all soon love this set up of having a 3 year old. Go Drew.
No comments:
Post a Comment